Jesus is on trial. Here are some highlights of the text:
- vs. 20–Note how Jesus was always careful to teach openly. Why?
- vs. 28–Consider the magnitude of this hypocricy of the religious leaders.
- vs. 34–Jesus asks the best questions.
- vs. 36–Jesus’ kingdom is not of this world. What is important about the word order Jesus uses? How should we ponder this?
- vs. 38–The devil’s primary target. How do we see this in our present day?
- vs. 40–What does the choosing of Barabbas over Jesus indicate?